R&D - Electromechanical Design Engineer.
Under the supervision of the Power System R&D team leader, the R&D Electromechanical Design Engineer designs and develops electromechanical DC switches and breakers.
- Develop a concept and build a prototype solution
- Define technical specifications (through theoretical calculation, simulation) starting from technical requirements
- Design the product with 3D CAD and define the bill of material
- Generate and file 2D drawings in the PLM
- Support testing criteria and set up definition
- Support prototype realization and validation
- Support Technical Design Reviews with evidence
- Support the procurement, industrialization, and suppliers to meet product target cost
- Support risk analysis and the definition of the mitigation plan
- Knowledge of PLM (Windchill is a plus)
- Knowledge of Creo
- Knowledge of MS Office 365
- Knowledge of mechanical, thermal and electromechanical design
- Knowledge of technical drawings concepts (standards, tolerances, symbols etc.) and understanding of FEM methods
- Good level of English
- Proactive person with good communication skills and teamwork oriented.
Experiences & education
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- 5 years of experience in design of electromechanical and electronic devices
- Proficiency in CAD software and Mechanical multibody simulations (Creo 8.0 knowledge is a plus)